How to create an Engagement Ring with Wachler Diamonds
STEP 1: THE VIRTUAL CONSULTATION ( FREE )
Before our Diamond Expert , fourth generation jeweler David Wachler begins his unique Custom Ring Process, he insists on having a virtual, educational consultation to share with you the most important information you need to know - and will certainly benefit from, before you shop for a diamond / create a ring.
On our virtual consultation you will discuss:
- The Four C’s (Color, Cut, Clarity & Carat weight) - including inside knowledge that MOST jewelers will never share about Clarity.
- How to balance the Four C’s for YOUR personal budget and the different routes you can take. ( There are many )
- The importance of RATIOs in fancy shapes - and how to find the LARGEST stone in the WORLD DIAMOND MARKET for the weight / budget
- The Dangers of a DEEP stone & a SHALLOW stone
- Why all GIA certified Diamonds aren't the same, even if their grading is the same…
- How Wachler constructs rings & prongs differently than the majority of jewelers in the world & why it matters to you.
STEP 2: THE IN STORE APPOINTMENT
Once David meets with you virtually, he will have a deep understanding of your goals as far as: SHAPE BUDGET QUALITY SPECIFICATIONS RATIO PREFERENCES RING DESIGN & MORE
David will curate a selection of loose stones which are hand selected to be everything you want in a Diamond & more. During the in store appointment - you will visit with David directly - where you will be able to try on, and inspect under magnification, the options that are specifically here for you to choose.
If in the event your preferences change, David will curate a new selection to present to you. Once you select the Diamond of your dreams, David works personally with you to design the setting to be exactly what you envision. Using 3D renderings to ensure our finished hand crafted piece, is absolutely perfect for you.*INSERT PHOTO OF RENDERING*
STEP 3: PRODUCTION
- Consider choosing a halo. By adding pave diamonds around your stone it will give it the illusion of being a larger stone
- Keep your band as thin as possible to ensure your diamond will stand out as best as it can!
- Picking an Oval usually gives the illusion of almost .20 carats more than what the actual weight of the stone is.
- Stay away from round stones because they are the most expensive cut
- Try to steer clear from 3 stone settings and invest your budget on your center stone
- Avoid trend setting stones of the times and opt for something more classic
- When looking for a wedding band David suggests shopping with your engagement ring on, to see the full picture of both pieces on your hand.
- Be mindful of your daily activities, this will help you decide between a pave diamond band or a heavier type of ring.
- A wedding band is a piece in addition to your engagement ring. Every band is customizable for your budget and lifestyle. David will curate options that best fit everything you are looking for.